Unfortunately I don’t speak as much as I’d like – I’m usually busy working on campaigns – but here is a brief list of events that I have spoken at:
- 4th July 2014 – Linkdex Think Tank, London, United Kingdom. My talk entitled ‘Using processes to open data and empower people’ explored some of the issues businesses face when trying to use data more efficiently in the work place. Link to my deck.
- 22nd January 2014 – The Leeds Futures Fest, Leeds, United Kingdom. This was the second time I had spoken at this now annual event. The aim ultimately is to help students find employment in their field with advanced recruitment techniques, using search engines and social media.
- 16th July 2013 – The Link Removal Roadshow, San Francisco, CA, United States of America. The second session, but this time in downtown San Francisco.
- 11th July 2013 – The Link Removal Roadshow, Seattle, WA, United States of America. The day following Mozcon 2013 I spoke at a specialist Google penalty & link removal event in Seattle. My talk focused on how to recover from a Google penalty through changing your attitude to search engine optimisation.
- 18th & 19th April 2013 – ionSearch, Leeds, United Kingdom. Returning for the second year, I was lucky enough to be speaking about identifying algorithmic issues, Google penalties, link removal and processes for search marketing to improve link building campaigns.
- 18th April 2012 – ionSearch, Leeds, United Kingdom. The very first ionSearch at the Carriageworks in the heart of Leeds city centre. I spoke about social links impacting search engine results, optimising social profiles for search, link building techniques post-Penguin, and identifying link penalties.