We may amend this policy from time to time by updating this page. Therefore we suggest you check this page occasionally to ensure you are aware of and are happy with any amendments.
What information do we collect?
Personal information may be collected from you in various ways, for example:
1. Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website. These are information about your browser, your IP address, your general location as determined from your IP address and provided by your browser, the site from which you come, and the links followed when leaving our site. This information is also collected through cookies.
3. When you register and voluntarily provide information in response to questionnaires or download forms, or to register for newsletters; this includes your name, email address, and any other details asked for and which you provide.
4. When you conduct activities on our site – for example, when you purchase a product or service we record what you purchased, etc.
How is the information used?
We use this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- For statistical purposes, and analysis for management purposes in order to administer the website or improve our products and services.
- Internal record keeping and administrative purposes, and to inform you about our events, services or products, or other related information that we think would be of interest to you, as explained above.
- To communicate marketing messages, newsletters and details of our business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you by post or email or similar technology. You can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications from us.
- From time to time we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes or to customise the website according to your interests.
Your information will not be disclosed to any third party unless you have given your consent to such disclosure. You may at any time ask us to remove your personal details from our records by sending us an email with the word ‘UNSUBSCRIBE’ in the subject box. If we contact you by email, each time you receive a message you will also have the option to decline to receive further information of that type from us.
We may disclose aggregate statistics about our site visitors, clients and sales in order to describe our services to prospective partners, advertisers and other reputable third parties, and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifying information.
Sale of business
If this business is sold or integrated with another business your details may be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective purchasers and their advisers, and will be passed on to the new owners of the business.
Cookies and Log Files
Cookies are text files stored on your computer, and accessible only to the websites which create them.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, however you may delete or disable cookies by following the instructions at http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/. Please note that you may not be able to take full advantage of a website if you disable cookies.
|Service||Cookie||More Information||Privacy / Opt Out|
|Google Analytics||“_utm*”||Analytics software enables usage statistic tracking such as entrance and exit points, bounce rates, conversion and related events.||Google Privacy Page|
|act, locale, lu, datr, csm||Allow interaction with social and share buttons such as “Like”||Facebook Privacy Page|
|guest_ID, secure_token_session||Allow interaction with social and share buttons such as “Tweet”||Twitter’s Privacy Page|
Further information about cookies can be found on the Interactive Advertising Bureau’s website www.allaboutcookies.org.
Our systems automatically gather some anonymous information about visitors, including IP addresses, browser type, language, and the times and dates of webpage visits. The data collected does not include personally identifiable information and is used, as described above, for statistical analysis, to understand user behaviour, and to administer the site.
The internet is not a secure medium. However, we take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We have put in place various security procedures as set out in this policy. For example, our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorised personnel have access to user information. We use secure server software (SSL) to encrypt financial information you input before it is sent to us, and our database is hosted in a secure data centre. Whilst we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of data will not occur, we use our best efforts to prevent this.
By using our site, you consent to the collection and use of information by us. Owing to the global nature of the internet infrastructure, the information you provide may be transferred in transit to countries outside the European Economic Area that do not have similar protections in place regarding your data and its use as set out in this policy. However, we have taken the steps outlined above to try to improve the security of your information. By submitting your information you consent to these transfers.
How to contact
To find out more about your rights under the Data Protection Act, visit the Information Commissioner’s website: www.dataprotection.gov.uk